Friday, May 13, 2011

Europe & US:Day 5 (May 13, 2011)

Altanta

It’s Friday the 13th, a date that’s ominous for many Americans. So we crossed our fingers and went for the ‘ever important’ meeting with our largest customer – Wrigley. The meeting went off well, and the discussion auguurs well for the business in future. In short, good news. So much so for ominous dates…

We drove about 60 miles to the Wrigley factory. My colleagues who drove us around, hired a RAV4 this time. Reminded me of a friend who has one. Finally got to sit in one of them..

Gainesville where the factory is located is surrounded by a thick forest with lush green growth all around. The factory premises itself has beautifully manicured lawns. It was a workplace within a forest. I am sure people would love to come to work everyday.

All along the highway, my eyes were fixed  on the variety of passenger cars, SUVs and ‘half trucks’ The number of different models on the road never fails to fascinate me. Specially the Jeeps. Makes me wish I was living in this Country.

The area where we are staying, is downtown Atlanta, but a particularly quiet neighbourhood. The other aspect that struck me was how green the whole locality is. And spotlessly clean roads, pavements and sidewalks.

Abraham – my ex-Boss from Coke and a dear friend, called to tell me about a spectacular laser show organised on the occasion of the 125th anniversary of Coca Cola. He picked me up and we went to see the images being projected on the 26th storied building that houses the corporate headquarters of the Coca Cola Company.

A large crowd had gathered to just watch the images changing over and over again. Images of extremely high resolution, projected on a cloth screen that covered the entire building !

  Coke celebrates 125 years this year

Images of bottle crowns (caps)

Coca Cola bottles

Also proud to know that Diet Coke is the second largest carbonated beverages brand in North America. Guess which one is the largest? Brand Coke.

Abraham and I then remembered old times over a glass of beer.

Next – Atul Ahuja of MSM and my brother’s classmate, has just landed from Toronto, and will come straight from the airport to meet me.

Tomorrow – its Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment