Saturday, November 27, 2010

Europe and US - November 2010

Day 1 (November 26)

I did expect Europe to be getting colder at this time of the year. But never expected rain and snow in many parts of the Continent.
Frankfurt airport was almost completely covered in a blanket of snow - maybe not a very thick blanket, but enough to make such a large airport appear to be an endless expanse of 'white'....

Milan - my final destination for the day, seemed to be worse. There were threats of the flight getting cancelled because of the rain and snow. When the flight finally landed the temperature was below freezing point. 

Milan has a very nice 'Indian' cuisine restaurant with a very nice name - 'Tara'. I was introduced to it by a colleague many years ago, and for this I will be always grateful to him. Obviously this was a preferred choice as far as dinner was concerned. Even if it meant taking a walk in the very uncomfortable weather. However when I reached I found the restaurant closed for some inexplicable reason. This was a big disappointment.

However when on is motivated enough, even the most difficult objectives can be achieved easily. In this case, it meant finding another Indian restaurant - called - 'Indrani' (the name seemed very 'Bengali' I thought, and this was confirmed when I met the owner). Can't say it was as good as 'Tara' but the Chana Masala and 'Arhar Dal' weren't bad at all.

Next stop - Chicago - after a twelve and a half hour journey from Milan via Frankfurt, and including a two and a half hour stoppage.

No comments:

Post a Comment